Find A Great Deal with Labor Day Mattress Sales 2016
Like other major holidays, 2016 Labor Day mattress sales can be a great time to save on beds, particularly on specialty categories like memory foam. To get the best deals you need to do some comparison shopping, though. Each year, we at Memory Foam Mattress Guide sift through all the data to bring you many of the available deals in one convenient location so you can take your time going through them.
Several top memory foam brands and stores, even ones that usually don’t offer deals, have some sort of Labor Day memory foam mattress sales during the end-of-summer holiday, and the offers are often comparable to Black Friday. In this guide you should get all the information you need to make an informed purchase and come home with a super value.
First we’ll highlight the deals we found to be the best value and then we’ll compare memory foam mattress sales from all the top brands so you can see who offers the best fit for your needs. You should have no trouble finding a great bed with a little help from this guide.
Top Labor Day Memory Foam Mattress Deals for 2016
Here are the top memory foam mattress deals we found in our search this year:
- Check back soon!
- Check back soon!
- Check back soon!
2016 Labor Day Sales: Memory Foam
Most of the 2016 Labor Day mattress sales and promotions will be announced a week or so before the holiday, and there will be plenty of memory foam mattresses on sale this year in all price ranges. We’ll have different offers compared in detail below as the information comes in. Above are our top selections. These are mattresses that rated the highest on things like customer satisfaction, price, warranty, company reputation and overall value.
If you don’t see some of the brands you are expecting to, the retailers may not have memory foam mattresses on sale this holiday. Some retailers and brands may be offering innerspring or latex mattress deals or may be focusing on adjustable bed offers. You can find information on these sales on the internet, but we are focusing on memory foam for this guide.
Memory foam mattress sales are verified to the best of our ability, but could be subject to change. We’ve included detailed layer and density information where available; a “?” indicates that the manufacturer does not provide details. Some stores are offering brand-wide sales, and in these cases we’ve selected just 1 or 2 of the more popular models to compare below.
Tips for Comparing Memory Foam Mattresses
When shopping for a new memory foam mattress, it can be very helpful to know what you’re looking for and what to compare in order to determine value and quality. While we have more detailed guides on shopping for a memory foam bed, choosing firmness, determining quality and other topics that provide more information, here’s the quick and simple version:
- Density – Density is the weight of one cubic foot of foam. Lower densities can feel easier to move on and are less likely to trap heat but are less resilient over time. Higher densities provide more buoyant pressure point relief and better durability, but can trap heat and some people find the more viscous feel difficult to move on. Denser foams are also typically more expensive than low density. As a guide: low density = 3.5 lbs or less; medium density = 3.5 to 5.0 lbs; high density – 5.0 lbs or higher.
- Memory Foam Type – The key memory foam types include traditional temperature sensitive, slow-response memory foam; gel-infused memory foam the liquid or gel beads that claim a cooler feel; and plant-based foams that replace some of the petro products with plant oils, and generally temperature-neutral and faster-response foams.
- Core – In a memory foam mattress, a foam core provides the support instead of springs. This core is not memory foam, but a regular, more rigid polyurethane foam. It’s firmness and thickness will play a role in the mattress firmness, and it’s density will play a role in support and durability. For cores, density usually ranges from 1.3 to 1.7 lbs in cheaper beds, and 1.8 to 2.5 lbs in higher quality beds.
- Fire Barrier – Every mattress sold in the US must meet flame safety guidelines. This can be done with chemical retardants or specially treated/designed fabrics. If you are concerned about chemicals and odors, look for one with fabric barrier certified by Green Guard, Oeko Tex or similar. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) can offgas from some of the materials used in these barriers. Some VOCs have been linked to health problems, so be sure you find out what is in your bed.
- Covers – The mattress cover is the final core component on a memory foam mattress. Ideally, fabrics should be breathable enough to allow for unhindered air flow. Cotton, wool, rayon and similar fibers usually excel. There are a variety of performance fabrics out there that can do good as well, but some may come with hefty prices. Fabrics should also be stretchy enough not to hinder memory foam’s contouring.
Key Questions to Ask:
Here’s a list of helpful reference questions to keep in mind when you are researching and comparing different beds.
1. What is the density and thickness of each memory foam layer?
2. What is the density and thickness of the core?
3. What is the memory foam made from? Is it petroleum based, gel-infused, or plant-based memory foam?
4. Are there any additional materials or layers in the mattress? Is there anything between the memory foam and you (aside from the cover)?
5. What is the firmness level of the bed? Are ILDs available? Do a significant number of reviewers complain about beds being too firm or too soft?
6. What type of fire barrier or fire protection method is used?
7. What is the mattress cover made of?
8. How long do I have to return? Can I get my money back and what fees are involved?
9. How long is the full coverage period of the warranty and what exactly is covered? How deep do impressions need to be before coverage kicks in?
If you need to, print these questions off and carry them with you during your hunt. Record the answers for mattresses you are interested in. When doing a thorough comparison shop, the figures can get overwhelming. By taking notes, you can help to keep the facts straight.
MFMG’s Best Labor Day Memory Foam Mattress Deals
Memory foam mattresses are the top rated category of beds according to owner reviews, so chances are you won’t be disappointed no matter who you go with. Just make sure you do a little research into the specifications of the mattress, the warranty, and return policy. We also recommend checking online for owner reviews to get better insight, and comparing several options before committing.
Know what you are getting into and make sure you are buying a mattress that suits your purpose. Mattresses made with lower quality materials may not be durable enough for sustained regular use. You may not want to spend too much on a durable mattress if you won’t be using it much, also. Think about what you need, stick to your budget, and follow through. Fear not, Labor Day is one of the best times of the year to shop for a new mattress.
Have any questions about memory foam mattresses or 2016 Labor Day sales? Let us know below!